Establish a Virtual POP Anywhere in the World in Minutes
Optimized and Closest Private Connectivity to the Multicloud
The VMware SD-WAN and Equinix solution gives customers the ability to a provision VMware SD-WAN edges, in minutes, using Equinix Network Edge, enabling local connectivity with one-hop to ecosystem of cloud services. Instead of installing a virtual edge cluster in all different cloud providers, the customer can just deploy one virtual edge and with that all the services are a few clicks away.
VMware SD-WAN on Network Edge provides the capability to expand your network to new sites and branches quickly and efficiently. A VMware SD-WAN deployment starts with placing a VMware SD-WAN Edge device at each location, such as a branch office. Equinix Network Edge acts as a virtual hub aggregating the VMware SD-WAN Edge devices to connect to the Equinix Fabric for multicloud access. VMware SD-WAN supports multiple routes (private/MPLS networks, public internet, etc.) to hybrid multicloud services, enabling the highest Quality of Experience possible by taking the optimal route.
- Simplified WAN Operations: Leverage automation to deploy SD-WAN connections globally in days rather than weeks.
- Faster Cloud Adoption: Directly access hybrid multicloud services in just minutes using software-defined on-ramps to cloud services.
- Rich Cloud Ecosystem: Privately and securely connect to major cloud service providers like AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, IBM Cloud and Oracle. Also connect to NSPs, digital supply chain partners and other mission-critical “as a service” providers.
- Higher Application Performance: Reduce latency to single digits (< 10 milliseconds) when moving application workloads between legacy on-premises infrastructures and cloud platforms over a VMware SD-WAN using policy-based application prioritization.
- Greater Edge Security: Harness end-to-end network segmentation and virtual network security functions for SD-WAN such as firewalls and cloud security services.
- Faster Cloud Adoption: Directly access hybrid multicloud services in just minutes using software-defined on-ramps to cloud services. No space, power, racking, stacking or CAPEX needed.